Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Kansas Christmas at Grandma's

Our December was a crazy busy month! I really do not know how it came and went so fast! I am going to try hard to start to catch up, so all our friends and family can be updated on the "Hicks Happenings". For Christmas we headed to my Grandma Lea's in Kansas, it was such a good time with family. And now Grandma even has the internet, so she is starting to check my blog, and do email. That is so exciting! Here are a few of the photos from our time there.

Here is Grandma Lea with her youngest Great-Granddaughter, Jaislynn.




This being Jaislynn's first Christmas I took A LOT of pictures of her, so be prepared for some major cuteness!!







Everything always looks so nice at Grandma's, she works so hard to make her home so inviting! We tell her EVERY year not to buy gifts, that we just want to get together and enjoy each others company. She does not listen very well!


I like to go around randomly taking pictures of everyone and what they are doing. It is what I do for fun, and to help capture the memories a little more while I am at it. This is Cody and Heath playing cards, and Caleb checking something out on the computer...I know pretty exciting hugh?!


Just another shot of Jaislynn. She had some cute outfits so I had to get pictures in each of them!


Let the paper fly! We have this system with opening gifts we always go youngest to oldest, everyone watches you, it's so much fun!






Jason and Jaislynn on Christmas eve.



Did I mention that my Grandma goes overboard on everything?! But in a good way!



Ok so here is an example of how she spoils us.....check out all this delicious food. We do not just have one salad choice but like 8-10, and huge relish tray, fruit tray, lots of different kinds of sides, 3 meats.....she is amazing, I tell you!




She had made 7 different kinds of pies, and then there were also Christmas sugar cookies, brownies, and cakes- I think 2 of those!







"Austin smile"



Jaislynn slept through so much noise, it was amazing!



We ate a lot....guess it was more like grazing! Here are the girls, they were not thrilled I was taking pictures of them eating!


I LOVE this picture of Cody! He is actually smiling! It doesn't hurt that he got that awesome hoodie!



Uncle Lynn and Cody eating, and just loving me for taking their picture!



Austin, Isai, and Lynn just relaxing.



Tim, Ashley, and Heath eating, they are really going to ban me from walking around with a camera at the next family get together!



You can tell from Chawnta's forced smile they are getting sick of me, but they are nice and do not say much!



Stop Maycee and say "cheese"



Chef Joshua preparing something chocolate I am sure!



Nana and Josh having a "tea party"



Uncle Ray & Aunt Janet you look so happy!



More beautiful baby on her first Christmas




Austin was getting tired by the end of the present time.



Caleb so loving me at this moment, you know I love you too that is why I bug you all the time!



Beautiful Chawnta on Christmas day.



Sweet kisses from the proudest big brother EVER!




I counted the stockings that Gram had stuffed and hanging in the basement when we got there, 34-wow!And I struggle to find stuff to do 5!



I just LOVE this one- for obvious reasons!



My Dad is always taking pictures or video for someone, this time I caught him doing both at the same time-you are so awesome!



Jason took my camera for a bit while I fed Jaislynn, then he took this picture of us, I am SO glad he did! Now she has a picture with her Dad & her Mom on her first Christmas.

3 comments:

  1. Crystal, great pics. And I really like your hair dark! I've gotten pretty used to it blonde (which also looks good), but I LOVE it this way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the last pic. Soooo precious! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking through all your posts - It is crazy how time flies. These pictures from Christmas at Grandma's were taken over a year and a half ago but it doesn't seem like it. It is hard to believe that Grandma is gone and there will be no more Christmas at her house. I'm so glad you have these pictures - Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete