Monday, April 27, 2009

Trying to change...

Joshua at his Papa's wedding, he was one of the ring bearers. This was his third time, he did a AWESOME job!




Next he is testing out how big Maycee's locker is, he was happy that he could fit!



I am going to try to change the way I post. I usually try to upload a lot of pictures and update on weeks, or a months events. I have been procrastinating updating my blog because I knew it would take so long and I have so much to post about, it is just easier to put it out if site, out of mind and just not do it. So this weekend I decided I do not need to post a large quanity of pictures each time, nor try to sum up the last 3-6 weeks at one time. Instead I think I will be able to enjoy this, and update more often if I just do a small post each time. That's not to say I might get carried away and just upload a bunch and have a large post every now and again. However for now I am trying to change so I will be more motivated to update and actully enjoy it more.

Joshua is growing so fast and is so smart, I am amazed every single day by the things he does and says. Last week we went for a healthy lunch at McDonald's ;) and there was a little girl who invited him to sit with her at the little table. They had a interesting conversation. It went something like this.........

little girl: Hi, do you want to sit with me?
Josh: Yes
little girl: what is your name?
Josh: Joshua Dylan Hicks, and my other name is Iron Man, what is your name?
little girl: Brenna, I am 5 yrs old
Josh: Really? I am 5 too, this is my mom, her name is Crystal, and my sister her name is Jaislynn
Brenna: just smiles and eats her ice cream
Joshua: I have a Grandma and Grandpa too, they are my mom's dad and mom, they live in Palisade where I live. My Papo's name is Richard and my Nana's name is Judy.

It went on for about 15 minutes with Joshua proceeding to share a lot of family history, and the names of various members of our family. It was so cute, I wish I could have recorded it! He was trying to make a life long friend, and stuff we really hadn't talked much about he remembers which is so cool. I am very blessed to have such a friendly and outgoing 5 year old!

1 comment:

  1. That is absolutely adorable, Crystal! What a character Joshua is! ;o)

    ReplyDelete